Saturday, November 3, 2007

Gaming - Oh NO!

I think it would be fair to say that most people (parents) see gaming and learning as opposites. This premise is probably based on 2 main factors: 1) For most adults learning and playing/having fun is not (and based on their own school experiences) and cannot happen at the same time, and 2) games are bad for you - waste of time, encourages violence, make you anti-social, etc.

I am no expert in this field (I don't actually know exactly where I stand on this), but I have learnt a few things about it:
1) The main reason why people love it so much is the fact that they get to make so many decisions in these games,
2) People know a game is fantasy and don't easily confuse games with reality (the confusion is created by TV)
3) I have seen a few good examples of learning motivated and facilitated by gaming.

What do you think?

To read more - go to: http://www.marcprensky.com/

No comments: